Sunday, April 1, 2018

Privacy and Amethyst

Privacy and Amethyst

courtesy of Pexels.com

















My right to privacy ended
the day you came into my life.
All those nurses gawking as I 
birthed you, met you, first time,
daughter of mine, so precious.

After that more exams, less privacy
with no attention to proper prudence
nor politeness as you came first on
your birthday, everyday as should be.
You were my sweet June amethyst.

As I watched your growth from infant
to child, my privacy loss was routine.
Never lock the door on any toddler!
Love and safety always over my privacy.

After that, privacy, a myth, only a wish
was thrust back upon me as you go.
Time fast-forwards from child to adult.
Your adulthood and two precious gems
A generational myth relived through you.
And my sought-after privacy returned.

Susans Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...