Monday, April 2, 2018

Jesus and the Cross





He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem. Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.


These two verses have been continually present in my conscious thoughts since Holy Week began. Today, more so as it is Good Friday. Even as I slept, I saw your sacrifice again and again.



 Jesus and the Cross












You, my Lord took my sin upon you on that cross so that I would be redeemed, free of sin, forgiven.


You who died for me and yet, I cut short our time together to do busy work of the world like social media, email, online shopping like Amazon. I cheat you and you patiently wait for me to be still.

I usually image you as a tall, peaceful man, teacher to whomever will listen.Your face kind and loving as You welcome me into Your  presence. Oh, how I long for you,now, with deep and contrite esteem.

I also envision You hanging on that cross. Your face bloody with a pain, agony. Determination can also be seen as you fulfill Gods plan. You become the sacrifice for me, for the whole world.

I can also see You carried into the tomb with your body cleansed, prepared in white cloth.
You are dead, died for my sin, sinful nature.

But You arise and joy fills my inmost being!    My soul loves you and deeply longs for You to hear me when I say,"I am so sorry that you had to sacrifice your life for my sins." You whisper, "Forgiven." in my ear as my tears flow, letting go of my sin and my shame.

Thank You Jesus. I love You.

Susans Soul...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...