Saturday, March 24, 2018

Reflections (A Vignette)

As we head into the busy holiday of Holy Week for Easter, find time to relieve your stress by stopping for a little bit of time to read a poem, listen to a song, or meditate or pray. Then, you will be refreshed again.
pink rose, reflection of pink rose

Reflections (A Vignette)

I
Reflections of light and sun peer through my window. Glimmering colors appear as sparkling arrays of diamonds and rubies as sun’s shining rays peek through. Each glimmer reminds me of hope’s last vestments seen. I celebrate this light show a creative sun source of beauty.
II
Reflections appear as freeze frames of past experiences. Deja vu frames dressed in innocence and light. Future hopes are clothed in colors of pinks and lavenders. Hope reminisces about past and present moments and attaches herself to an assurance of the future.
III
What is to become of the sights, sounds, and smells of my freeze frame events? Will the sights remain while the sounds and smells disappear? I can hear sounds of nature. The rustling of breezes through the autumn leaves. The quiet sound of blossoms falling as the cool chills the air. The smell of lavender and roses permeate my mind as I encounter the changing season’s beauty.
IV
Reflections of past, present, and future mingle with all of the sights, sounds and perfumes of the garden. Autumn’s morning crispness conspires with Summer’s memories to prolong the experiences of my mind’s eye as I beckon to these experiences to allow me communion with God’s glorious creation and His being. A song of joy fills my heart and bursts forth as praises to the Creator.
Author Notes: Short Paragraph Vignette
© Susan Langer

nature poemsbeauty poemssenses poemshope poems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...