Saturday, February 24, 2018

Facade

This is a poem written a few months ago for a contest on allpoetry.com, The picture was the prompt. BTW I didn't win. Anyway, here was my take on the prompt. Susans Soul...


Facade


Such a large structure demanding
Great recognition and respect from all.
Strong and sturdy housing a multitude
Of rooms and people, the respected family.
The house keeps please entries flowing 
As it observes the massive acreage that
Provide the house an array of stylish trees,
hedges, fountains, and flowering gardens.

No storm can touch the strong outer facade.

Inside those many rooms and people
Secrets abound like festering wounds.
The odor of the lies told to maintain the
Status quo--"Don't rock the boat," now.
Consider yourself forewarned that denial
coats, but the inner walls threaten their
encroachment on the strong outer stones.

The facade inside delivers damning news,
As both facades start to crumble from denial.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...