Friday, June 8, 2018

Return to Me



Expectantly, I awaited your return,
but you did not come to me again.
I thought you would always be mine,
but you left me on my own, so alone.

Could it be that you delayed to show
how much I needed you? Or to create
a boundary between our life souls?
You breathe life into my nothingness.

I am despondent without your eye lines
crinkling as I tell funny stories about my day.
Now, there is just dead silence surrounding.
My soul aches for the totality of your essence.

Return to me, your first and only love.
Let us laugh and frolick making mad love
together as we did just last week or day.
Tether our souls together for a lifetime.


Susans Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...