Saturday, April 28, 2018

Who is Free?

Who is Free?


Wolf wanders to and fro
searching food for pack.
Eagle flies above his prey
searching for moment right.
Man wanders like the wolf
looking for his next claim.

Who among the three is
fullest in outward strength?
Which one has the most
Inner fortitude to compete?
What honor is bestowed
to each wolf, eagle, man?
Are they each free in
their commonality?

I see not much difference.
The wolf freely searches earth.
The eagle freely soars searching.
Man the most predatory, freely stalks
seeking to destroy anything not 
of use nor of any value to him.

What do you observe here?
Who is free if not man to destroy.


Susans Soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...