Sunday, February 18, 2018

In the Beginning...

In the Beginning...

I think I have heard that before...Oh, yeh, God said that in Genesis.

Hello and Welcome to Susans Soul Poetry where I would like to have you visit often, feel comfortable, and realize that some of my Old Soul Poetry may cause you to wonder or think or even disagree. Each person experiences poetry differently. Something that "speaks to me" may not "speak to you" the same way. 


Poetry is a gift of language and the art to place that language, those words in a form that evokes a reaction as it is read. Poetry is a living, breathing thing as each of us has our own birthing experience as we read. So experience it. You won't be judged for your comment or opinion. I hope that you will be willing to share some of your thoughts and poetry with me on this site. I'm not sure how to do that yet since I am a new convert from Wordpress.com. But I will do my homework and figure it out.

Let close this with a short poem that I wrote on AllPoetry.com just today when I returned from church.

Lenten Prayer













Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
What we are to remember
with the cross...that one.
Are we too late to ask You?
How will I know You?
How will I hear You?
Is it all true what they say?
Will it hurt to be like You?
If so, is it worth it...the hurt? 
I'll admit I already hurt cause
my life's been kind of rough.
That's to say, I can take pain.
I just want to be loved by You.
I don't want to be abandoned.
Lord. your part is done so now
I need to stop acting and start
being more like You in my life.
Stay near me, I'm a newbie.
Amen

Susans Soul




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts...

Moving Day! I have moved my blog to my own website with Bluhost as my host. My blog can be reached at https://susansoulpoetry.com i...